It is Tuesday morning. One week before the gathering of the early birds for BSDCan 2008. It is 10:30 AM and I’m sitting in Cora’s at St Laurent and Belfast. They have wireless here. And believe me, it smells much better than the Starbucks at St Laurent and Smyth. Saturday night and Sunday night it smelled like wet dog, but worse. On Saturday night I thought it was just me. But the same smell was there on Sunday night. It was awful.
So far today I have:
- Refunded an attendee who is now coming under a sponsor’s wing
- Fielded a query from a speaker who is having difficulty getting this slides approved by Those That Must Be Obeyed
- Confirmed a meeting Bart Trojanowski and co
- sent out the email I composed last night and downloaded whatever was received overnight
- Adjusted my Bacula server to backup to disk instead of tape, because the tape I inserted on Saturday is full already
- Arranged to pick up a sponsor’s inserts for the registration pack from a local printer (they submitted it online instead of shipping the material)
- Notified a speaker that I had a SIM card for his GSM phone
Now, I think it’s time to reconcile some registrations with payments. Right after I sent out some more email.