It is now 10:30 PM.
I made it to the dinner in reasonable time. It was at the same place as the last time I was out to dinner with this group. Nice Thai on Merivale Road, across from Canadian Tire.
After catching up a bit, we headed over to the OCLUG meeting. I saw a number of people I had not seen since May 2007. Two hours later, the meeting broke up and people headed out towards the pub. I gave Dru Lavigne a lift home and we went over some BSDCan plans.
On the drive, I realized, once again, what a wonderful place Ottawa is to live in. We went north on Woodroffe, then east along the Ottawa River, then over the Prince of Wales bridge into Quebec. After dropping her off, I continued downsteam along the Ottawa. I crossed back over into Ontario, passing the National Archives, the Supreme Court, Veterans Affairs, Parliament Hill, and the Chateau Laurier. What amazing places. At the old railway station, I turned south along the Rideau Canal, past the University of Ottawa (the venue for BSDCan and PGCon). Then left onto Main Street, along onto Smyth and on to my parents house.
Ottawa is a truly stunning and wonderful place to live.
Tonight was light on conference related activity. Just the plans I made with Dru, and my list of things I need to do tomorrow:
- Drop by Starbucks on Coventry Road. I was there for about 5 hours on Tuesday. It’s definitely better than the store on St. Laurent.
- Call my U of O contact and set BSDCan catering numbers
- Check the rooms bookings with her, just in case
- Drop by the UPS store and pick up my mail/packages. There are some cheques waiting.
- Pay for the next year at the post office
- send out that 1 week to go email
- remind people that prices soon go up if you don’t pay!
- Contact Les Suites and arrange more rooms
- Update the registration information for some attendees that have supplied payment details
Tomorrow night I plan to catch up with Eric, my friend from Carleton University days.