Odd how grown men, myself included, get giddy about new toys. My IBM ThinkPad T41 is no longer reliable. It has taken to being heat sensitive. I suspect something inside is broken / slightly disconnected and as the heat inside increases, a connection fails. I have tried to fix it, but failed.
It has been acting tempermental for about two months now. I narrowed my search down to the ThinkPad x61s:
- Processor: IntelÂ® Core TM 2 Duo L7500 LV (1.6GHz, 4MBL2, 800MHzFSB)
- Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Business 64 1
- Display: 12.1″ UltraLight XGA TFT, 2x3UltraConnect II antenna
- 4GB RAM – 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz SODIMM Memory
- Hard Drive: 160GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
- Battery: ThinkPad X60s Series 8 cell HighCapacity
- Warranty: 3 year on site 9×5 Next BusinessDay
I place the order on Thursday. It should arrive today (Tuesday). The timeline so far is:
- Order placed Thursday 13 March
- On March 17, 9:40 PM, the laptop leaves Shanghai
- At 3:11 P.M, it leaves Anchorage (it crossed the International Dateline, so that’s why time went backwards).
- At 4:22 A.M on the 18th, today, it leaves Louisville, Kentucky
- At 5:47 A.M, it arrives in Philadelphia
- 7:36 A.M – it leaves Horsham for delivery
It should be here sometime today.