I meant to include these tid bits in the prevoius post:
- Johna is an awesome rider for someone that’s never gone off road before.
- Shortly after we fixed Gabrielle’s single speed problem, my rear disc brake developed a very loud scraping sound. I’d heard it once before. The little clippy thing on the Avid brakes holds the two disc pads away from the disc. Well, this time we didn’t have pliers to straighten it. So I removed the two pads, stored the mangled clippy thing in my pack, and reinserted the pads. All was well.
- Note to self: order a new clippy thing.
- 2nd note: buy a spare derailleur hanger and carry it with me.
- Gabrielle says many of her riding buddies are faster than she is.