This is the list of issues where I found my name. A given issue may be listed multiple times.
- Oct 2017 – iocage upgrade is looping: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/399
- Jun 2018 – cannot run ‘iocage start’ from my home dir: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/567
- Aug 2018 – entries in fstab disappear: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/595
- Dec 2018 – Cannot install 12.0 in a jail: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/715
- Jan 2019 – iocages puts exec files in /tmp dir which is noexec: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/821
- Feb 2019 – read-ony filesystems: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/883
- Mar 2019 – unable to upgrade jails: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/892
- Mar 2019 – no iocage commands work: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/894
- Apr 2019 – commands still broken https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/894#issuecomment-479641588
- May 2019 – commands still broken https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/894#issuecomment-493787039
- Jun 2019 – ruleset problems: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/952
- Jul 2019 – jails are not updated: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/892#issuecomment-515784282
- Aug 2019 – unable to upgrade vuln jails: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/1009
- Aug 2019 – ruleset problems hits again: https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/952#issuecomment-519186804
- Nov 2019 – iocage snapremove ALL not implemented – https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/1098
- Feb 2021 – you can’t manage another zfs filesystem from within an iocage jail
EDIT: December 12, 2020 – I added the Nov 2019 entry.
EDIT: February 28, 2021 – I added the Feb 2021 entry.
I also recall git was added as a run-time dependency. This changes in requirements was not added to the
FreeBSD port.This broke stuff. https://github.com/iocage/iocage/issues/894 (this issue is listed above).
This affects the systems I run. It has taken FreshPorts offline. Yesterday it took a DNS server offline and it’s not back yet. On occasion, it has stopped all jails from running. It’s annoying. It’s frustrating.
I would prefer to do the work instead of getting ready to do the work. Instead, I am spending days on tasks which should take minutes.
The last release of iocage was in January 2019.
The last release of iocage-devel was in March 2019.
In order to have functioning jails, I am rolling my own packages based on head.
EDIT: re https://twitter.com/DLangille/status/1159867448763584512
The vnet issue I had with iocage was fixed with this commit. My thanks to
for their help in getting this IPv6 stuff sorted out.